Wednesday, May 12, 2010

amberly's 25th


Happy Birthday to me! Yep, 25 years old, a quarter of a century ago I was born. Lots of people told me that once you hit 25 or 30 you realize that you are truly an adult. I'm not sure if I totally agree...but then again when we sign our mortgage papers in a few months it might be a different story.

My 25th birthday was just wonderful. Ryan made scrambled eggs and toast in the morning and presented me with a very grown up birthday gift- a watch I had been wanting for a while now! My birthday was on a Thursday, so I headed into work intending to get some business done. When I walked in there were yellow balloons and DOTS (the candy) at my desk! 2 of my favorite things! My co-workers made me feel very special with a group card and lunch at Qdoba (also another one of my favorites). After work, I headed home to see my hubby. He was acting a bit strange, and hadn't told me exactly what was going on that evening. He had a surprise for me...and as stressed out as I get about surprises, I didn't want to spoil this one.

After a quick stop at Nebraska Furniture Mart to pick up an extra part for the surround sound system, we picked Sara up at her house and headed into the Old Market. As we walked into Vivace, an Italian Restaurant, I noticed our table in the back. There were 6 seats set, and we were the first to arrive. I was trying to figure out my mystery guests, when they arrived. My cousins, Kim, Kelli and Kelli's husband Gregg walked through the door! What a fantastic birthday surprise!!! After dinner, Ryan had ice cream birthday cake waiting at the apartment. I felt very special and loved. What a great birthday!!!


My Birthday Guests

My Birthday Loot! How special am I?! Thanks Everyone!

Ryan cutting the ice cream cake. We might've needed to thaw it a little longer.

He worked hard at it, and we all ended up with a delicious treat.


Thanks hubby for a wonderful birthday. You are the best husband a girl could have!

No comments: