Monday, March 5, 2012

High School Hockey

Living in Minnesota, I've learned that hockey is a beloved sport. Every so often, I'd catch a glimpse of a hockey game on TV or hear about one while Ryan was watching ESPN, but I never really watched one until my first Minnesota Wild game. When we heard that Ryan's cousin, Josh, was on the high school hockey team in Fairmont, Minnesota- we told them to let us know when they were headed our way!

Well, just last week Josh's team came to Le Seur, which is only 45 minutes from our house- so we went and cheered on the Fairmont Cardinals.

Sadly, they didn't win, but it was fun to see high school kids play the sport. Whenever I watch pro or college I can never follow the puck ...they are too fast for me. But I was able to keep up with the high schoolers :)

Here's Josh, #18, waiting for his turn to sub in.


As much as I enjoy watching hockey, I think I would be nervous for my sons to play. Let's just hope Ryan and I have all girls someday :)

No comments: