Monday, June 21, 2010

THIS WEEK!

According to my father-in-law, we need to write about something other than our house on our blog. Well, FIL (better known as Dave), you'll be happy to know that we're closing on our house THIS WEEK! Yes, I know that you'll be here to help with the move-in process. But you'll also be happy to know that we'll be able to blog about something other than construction for a while :) ...like, decorating, and re-staining furniture, hanging pictures and figuring out who's taking the trash out on Thursday mornings. Yes, its about to get very exciting around the Austad house!

Ryan and I both realized that our lives, albeit busy, have slowed down from the college pace from a few years ago. After dinners with our friends Matt and Rachael last week, and Dave and Rachel this week, we've noticed that it seems to be the norm among our age group. Thinking back to our college days, we were constantly on the go: going to class, sorority and fraternity meetings, homework, group projects, working out, intramural games, work schedules, and the general hanging out with friends- our days were full. Actually they were jam packed.

Heck, in college I was so busy I had to actually schedule in my showers. You can ask my college roommates, I had a minute by minute schedule. Thankfully life isn't that crazy nowadays...so I'm able to take showers whenever I feel the need :) But I guess the whole point is...we're enjoying our laid back lifestyle now, and sometimes the most exciting thing happening in our life happens to be the thing that also takes up most of our time. We both have asked each other, "What are we going to do once our house is built and we've finally moved in?" As I sit here and shrug, I can think of many things to occupy our time. And no....grand kids are not in the near future for a while. I have a feeling we'll love to entertain at our new home. Theme parties...here we come!

A little trip down memory lane


Sorority Recruitment

Hanging out with friends

Husker Games!

Theme Parties!

No comments: