Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adventures in HomeOwership- Step 1: Install a Mailbox

Well...now what? We picked out the lot, drew up a floor plan, built a house, moved into the house, and started unpacking the house. What else will we fill our time with? Oh that's right...we're homeowners now, the fun never ends! Task #1 as first time homeowners...install a mailbox. You see, in the midst of all the moving excitement and change of address, I didn't realize that a change of address meant our mail would be going to our home now. I guess I realized it...but what I didn't think of was exactly where that mail would go.

A few weeks ago I grabbed one of those nifty change of address packets from the handy dandy post office, and when I saw the "date of transfer" I happily put June 25th, 2010. Um...Amberly? Really, did you think in the midst of all the moving-in craziness, we would be able to put in a mailbox too? Yikes! I know, what was I thinking, right?

I'm not sure if it was the adrenaline that was pumping from the excitement of the move, or from the beverages of Ryan's newly stocked bar (yes, he already has it stocked), but we were ready for our fist homeowner task. A 5 Step Mailbox Process-


No comments: