Friday, May 11, 2012

Nebraska Trip Part 2

The rest of our Nebraska trip was in Columbus, NE, my hometown. We got there late Friday night and just sat and chatted for a while. It was nice to catch up and just hang with my parents.

Lola was apparently pooped from playing all day with Manny.


The next day, Ryan and I did a 10 mile run around Babcock Lake in preparation for our 1/2 marathon training in the gale force winds! It was a tough one but was great for training. After that, we headed back, the boys went for a drive around town and my mom and I did a little shopping. We didn't have any luck at a local boutique, but both found a pair of shoes each while out shopping. Shoes = a successful shopping trip!

After that, it was time to head home and get ready for my mom's dance recital! Yes, that's right, my MOM's dance recital. She is in a group called TLC- The Lady Cloggers and has also recently taken on jazz. She started just to get some exercise and get into dancing when I was still in high school, and she's been doing it ever since! Over 10 years!

Here she is in action with her group- she is the 3rd from the left in the back row. The lights were REALLY bright so it was hard to get a good picture.


She did such a great job, and we were all really proud of her!


Then it was home to bed. We had breakfast together in the morning and sadly it was time for us to head back north.

My family will all be back together for my brother's wedding, May 20th, so its nice to know I'll see them all again soon!

And if you're wondering, Lola made it all the way home without getting sick once! I think she was too tuckered out and slept the entire way home...



No comments: