Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bathroom Back splash Plan B

Ahhh…bathroom back splashes, how I love you. Yes, you are hearing me correctly. When Ryan and I decided to build our house, we each decided that certain roles needed to be assigned to each of us. While Ryan dealt with the mortgage business, and the final deadline closing date, I was the one to decide the details. Which type of door would we like? Did we want a laundry pedestal or not? And what kind of back splashes did we want in the bathrooms? Sounds like a lot of work? YES…but if you know me at all, I was up for the task and was grinning the entire way!

As you know, we are not a procrastinating couple, and when it came to selections we had them pretty much decided on within the first few months of the house project. So it really has been smooth sailing since early February. Until, errrr screech halt…we had a small back splash issue. The back splash that Ryan and I had decided upon back in February was a very subway-like tile with browns, greens and tans. It was quite a steal in the price department because it was on a special sale. Well…when the builders went to get the tile, it was no longer available. Awww shucks. But have no fear, Amberly is here! I had a Back splash Plan B. (actually I had a plan b, c and d…but I’m thankful we didn’t have to get that far).

After telling Ryan that I was prepared for a small hiccup on the back splash front, I headed to Home Depot and Lowe’s to get a picture of the three possibilities for Ryan to see first before the final decision was made. After a very rude Home Depot customer service rep offended me by acting like I had no idea what I was doing, I headed to Lowe’s. (Just because you’re wearing a skirt in the tile and grout aisle…doesn’t mean you don’t know what you’re doing). Lowe’s was a HIT! And Back splash Plan B was at an even better price than I had expected! So without further ado…I present to you…our bathroom back splash. Doesn’t she sparkle?! The lighting isn't the greatest, but you get the idea.




No comments: