Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another Austad Date Night

Since Ryan was very successful in planning a fun and exciting date night, I thought I'd try my hand at it. However, I don't have a very good poker face. For the last couple of weeks I had been deciding what would be part of our surprise date night, and once I finally knew what we were going to do, Ryan was adamant about finding out the details.

I did my best to steer him in the opposite direction, but when we saw a preview of the movie "The Social Network" Ryan had a feeling he knew we were going to see it. As my face turned red and I vehemently denied that possibility, I knew I had been figured out. I simply cannot lie. Thankfully, that was the only part Ryan figured out. I had also planned for us to have dinner at a cozy little place called Ryan's Bistro. Which I thought was fitting. We had these wonderfully yummy steak bites as an appetizer, Ryan had a brisket sandwich and I ordered the full rack of ribs. Yes- we finished the whole thing.

Our dinner reservations were for 7:00, but since we were seated right away and the food was served so fast, our dinner only last half an hour. The next leg of the date was to go to Brix Wine Bar for a few drinks before our movie. But since we had so much time in between dinner and our 9:55 movie, we would've had a few too many at Brix to stay awake. So we enjoyed a few drinks and a dessert at our own bar, at home. :)

"The Social Network" is a GREAT movie! We would highly recommend it. As we were walking out of the theatre we were both pretty amazed that the whole facebook phenomenon happened the same years we were in college. I remember getting an invite my freshman year for "The Facebook" from my friend Kelly, who was going to college at KState. The first few invites I had ignored (sorry Kelly) thinking this facebook thing was just going to be a waste of time. Until I had received even more invites and decided to join. Back then (insert me in a rocking chair here) facebook was nothing more than a status, your interests and activities. It really is amazing to see what it has become.

Anyway...date night was a great success!! Looking forward to the next one.



No comments: