Saturday, October 30, 2010

A New Friend

I've been working on a few projects as of late, which I can't show to you quite yet...as they have not been given to the recipient. However, there is a new addition to the Austad household. She's only a few weeks old, and weighs only 3 pounds!


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaww- isn't she wonderful?
A brand new sewing machine! YAY! As I was working on some of the aforementioned projects and my Halloween costume, I decided hand-sewing was just not going to work this time. I had researched portable sewing machines from many different sources, and basically needed something that would straight-stitch and get the job done. Nothing Fancy. And I had posted about a possible new hobby back in May, so I figured it was about time.

Enter my trip to Big Lots. You all know I'm a bargain shopper, and when I find a good deal on something I shout for joy! When I was browsing the aisles a few weeks ago I saw this beauty on the bottom shelf and was shocked at her unbelievable price tag. $14! Woweee, did I luck out? I would've probably paid at least $14 to take my Halloween costume to a seamstress, so it was a no-brainer. Wish me luck in my sewing adventures!

No comments: