Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty Storage Solution


In the weeks before we move, I have started to take inventory of what has accumulated around our house. Before we moved out of the apartment, Ryan and I were pretty good at going through things and tossing/donating what we didn't need or wouldn't use at our house. I figured since we went through that process a short 7.5 months ago, that we wouldn't have much to do this time around.

Boy, was I wrong! How can 2 people accumulate so much stuff in less than 1 year? Thankfully, I was ready to tackle 1 area that we tend to overlook- the office closets. Now, before I begin I must apologize for not taking a before picture- as that probably would've helped to see the organizational of it all...but here's my "prettifying (pretty sure that's not a word) process."

Step 1: Find some old cardboard boxes you aren't using, scissors, tape and some wrapping paper. In my case, I found these 2 rolls at Target for $1.50 each.


Step 2: Measure out the paper you will need for each box and start wrapping like you usually would for a present.


Step 3: Fold in the corners, so you don't have to wrap the inside of the box. (this step saves some time instead of having to wrap the whole thing, since you will really only see the outside of the box anyway).



Step 4: Make a nice crease on the outside of the box and tape like crazy on the inside.



Step 5: Admire your pretty boxes...ooooh, aaaah.



Step 6: Insert Crap...I mean, Stuff into boxes and organize!


No comments: