Wednesday, November 10, 2010

44 Degrees and Rainy


It feels like a Monday, but its really Wednesday, or at least it feels that way to me. Yesterday was beautifully sunny with a high of 73, and today its 44. My mind wanders from work to daydream about snow flurrying through the air. I'm ready for winter. I know, I'm crazy living in Nebraska and saying that I really am truly ready for the coldest months of the year to be here already.

Ryan and I took a trip to Minneapolis this past weekend. (more details on that to come) The Mall of America glimmered with the first signs of Christmas decorations, lights were hung in the hallways, but not turned on. Some stores have started to put out their fake holiday snow and advertised holiday specials. We're still a good 2 weeks from Thanksgiving, but I guess in retail the earlier the better. With the economy the way it is, I feel like holiday spending isn't being pushed on us this year as it has been in the past. But then again, I do a lot of my shopping online. :)

I love this time of year, and I love the changing of the seasons. It helps me to look forward to each and every season we get to experience here in the Midwest. As Autumn turns to Winter, I am reminded of the scarecrow we used to stuff as a family and sit on our front porch, and the times I spent watching my dad in his sweatshirt and stocking cap work up and down the ladder to put up the Christmas lights before the snow really started falling. I love those memories and seem to relive them each year.

I'm looking forward to the first set of winter flurries, but I guess the spitting rain will have to do for now.

No comments: