Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lola, Ryan and Easter Blessings


I really should count how many pictures I have on this blog of Ryan and Lola. And then I should count how many pictures there are of me on this blog. I bet Ryan and Lola have 10 times more pictures than I do. But, then again I'm usually the one behind the camera...I think a lot of women can relate :)

Sometimes I relish the quiet moments. If you read often, you know that there are times that I may be crafting for a week or baking or cooking...scratch that, I'm probably not cooking. But there are also moments, especially on our weekends where Ryan and I just hang out in our fireplace room and just sit. No books, no phones, no noise, just us, and Lola.


Sometimes this leads to naps. But most of the time we just sit and chat. I think a lot of the craziness that is in our lives today stems from constant connectivity. I am a culprit of this, for sure. Before my smart phone days I did a pretty good job disconnecting when I arrived at home. But that also means that I didn't get the latest face book update or work email either. And sometimes that's OK.

I want to challenge myself this Easter weekend to disconnect from phone, only checking it 3 times during the day rather than the 20+ I probably do. And relish in God's glory. In the blessing that he gave to us by sending his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. I can't imagine a greater love.

I always love Easter weekend, and usually we're traveling to see family. This weekend, it will most likely be just the 3 of us as we're patiently awaiting the arrival of Baby Rubin. I know we'll have quiet moments and I'm really looking forward to them.

We hope your Easter weekend is relaxing and filled with family and reflection.

No comments: