Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zoo Day!


I had no idea that the Minnesota Zoo was so great! Usually when I think of zoos I immediately go to the San Diego Zoo and Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. I guess I didn't realize that even though Minnesota is a bit chillier than San Diego, OK, who am I kidding much colder than San Diego in the winter months...they can still have a fantastic outdoor zoo!

We took a visit when Ryan's parents and Miss Abbie were in town and had a blast!

A stop at the aquarium proved fun as Ryan spotted the dolphins.


We got a close up look at some wild turkeys.


And this Cheetah was pacing frantically, about 5 feet in front of us...I wasn't sure the chain link fence was the safest, so I kept my distance and zoomed in. :)


This Grizzly Bear gave us quite the show as he jumped up and down on that tree branch.


And we realized that Lola must have friends at the zoo, after seeing a black furry item that looked very close to our beloved pup.

Denise purchased a season pass that works at any U.S. zoo, so I have a feeling we'll be back sooner rather than later!

No comments: