Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Lost Blog Part 6

The Nutcracker
This past Friday, I took Ryan to the Nutcracker Ballet. Yes, that’s right my husband went to the ballet with me…although right now he might be yelling at his Playstation Football game….he enjoyed the ballet as well. Maybe enjoy isn’t quite the word, although I appreciate his willingness to sit and enjoy something that I absolutely LOVE! Dance has been part of my life since I have been little, and just in the past few years I haven’t been able to partake in the joy of dance. There’s something about watching the dancers on stage, the costumes, the makeup, the movement and the music that takes me back to a time when I enjoyed everything that was theatre and dance. I hope that our future children will get to enjoy at least some aspect of theatre/music/dance…but for now I’ll just enjoy the Omaha Ballet Company’s interpretations.

No comments: