Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feeling Settled

It's been almost 2 weeks now in our new home, and we're feeling more and more settled everyday. We now have a functional kitchen and bathroom, most of our basement seating has been delivered, and we're enjoying the quiet and privacy a home can offer. -I would like to say we don't walk around in our skivvies much...but those blinds sure did the trick! And I'm sure our neighbors appreciate them too. :)

While it still feels new, I wanted to write down a few things about the first weeks at our first residence to remind us someday of how it all felt. When anybody asks me, what's the biggest difference...I must say that it is soooo quiet. The first night we moved in as we were laying in bed, we could hear the bugs outside of our window. There is nobody stomping on the floor above us, playing loud music below us, or hacking up a lung beside us. It is piece and quiet...sometimes a little too quiet!

Ryan has been enjoying the downstairs extra bedroom as his "music room" where he has dusted off his electric guitar and has shown me a cord or two. I have been browsing through my cookbooks lately to find some baking inspiration, and have been checking out design blogs to infuse some creative decorating into our home. It feels nice to have a place of our own to call home. While there are still blank walls to be filled, we are enjoying every moment of home ownership!

No comments: