Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dinner with the Ruhlmans


This past Tuesday, Ryan and I were invited over to Mike and Amy Ruhlman's for dinner. Amy and Ryan work together at Gallup in Omaha, and I have had the wonderful opportunity to get to know some of Ryan's co-workers through various Gallup get-togethers- Christmas parties, fundraisers, galas, etc. But some of my favorite get-togethers are those that we get to spend with their families.

Amy and Mike have an adorable son, Brayden. (hopefully that's the correct spelling) He is so much fun!!! Brayden is just over a 1 year old and he was toddling all over the place. From one toy to another and from mom to dad, back to dad and back once again to mom. :) After settling down to our delicious meal of grilled chicken/steak, broccoli salad and twice baked potatoes, Ryan and I were stuffed. Dessert was an assortment of yummy ice cream treats that I devoured with my own two hands while Mike and Ryan tried to eat their Klondike bar with their spoons. I definitely know my way around ice cream.

It was so nice to see Mike, Amy and Brayden and get to experience what life is like with a little one. Amy made a very good point, "Do all your living now, because your life will change once you have kids." Amy, I think we'll definitely be taking your advice...however Brayden was quite the flirt, I might want one of my own....someday.

Amy, Mike and Brayden,
Thank you so much for a fantastic evening!

No comments: