Monday, September 20, 2010

In Awe


As I was driving to work one day last week, I noticed an astonishing amount of butterflies. It seemed like every time my car stopped or slowed a beautiful butterfly would dash across my front windshield. After the first 2 or 3 I started noticing them more and more, and a sense of calm came over me. I'm not sure if this is butterfly mating season or if the change in weather brings them out this time of year, but it was such an serene feeling. It may have been God's way of saying "Stop and smell the roses." And since God knows that I'm only fond of pink roses and I don't truly care for any other color of them, he used butterflies for me instead.

Ryan and I had a discussion the other night about how fast time goes. His favorite response when he hears people say "This year went by fast" is always..."as opposed to last year?" This is true, my wonderful husband, there are 365 days in
every year. But as life fills up with work, get-togethers, dinners, errands, parties and trips, there should always be time to stop and enjoy the little things. I like to think of those little things as God's sticky notes. Remember Me? Don't forget to enjoy life...and everything in it.

"For the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
-Deuteronomy 31:6


This was from last Wednesday, as a storm was just passing through.


1 comment:

mackenzie lorene said...

i just stumbled across your sweet blog. i love it. and love you. and love this post... i needed it today. :) hope you are well, friend.