Thursday, December 23, 2010

Home Made? Kind of...


Christmas is almost here! Can you just feel it? As I was hanging out at home last night, I realized I probably haven't shared the story of our Christmas stockings with you. It all started in January of 2009...yes- I probably should've been focused on our wedding, but I was doing some last minute Christmas sale shopping! That's right folks- I knew that Ryan and I would be spending many more Christmases together as husband and wife, so I was looking for things to spruce up our someday home.

Hobby Lobby has got to be one of my favorite places for after-Christmas sales. Everything goes from 40% to 50% or even 75% off! I stumbled up on these adorable silver stockings with glittery swirl designs and snatched them up for $2.00 each. I was excited to personalize them with our initials, and after seeing a Pottery Barn catalog with button initials I was up to the task. Thankfully, I didn't take the whole button project on until later- that December. I mean, we did have this wedding thing going on.

After picking up a red and green button pack from Michael's and some leftover thread from another project, I snuggled up with a hot chocolate and got to work. I only took a picture of Ryan's, since his stocking is the only one full at the moment. ;) But don't worry, Ryan and I are celebrating our own little Christmas tonight, so I'm sure Santa will have come by then!

Hope you're all enjoying this week before Christmas, I know we are!!!


No comments: