Saturday, September 17, 2011

I MADE IT!


Just in case you're wondering- I made it! Home...that is. I left work early to find my bus stop- I was hoping to get on the 4:45 bus, but I must have been even earlier than I thought because I made the 4:37!! woo!

I wasn't actually sure of where the stop was, I knew it was about a block north of where it dropped me off on Thursday morning, but I wasn't sure what side of the street it would be on. Thankfully I saw the large black and gold bus pull up and knew that I was in the right place. I picked up my pace as I was about 1/2 a block away and didn't want to wait for the next one. So I did that awkward run but look like I'm walking with my head straight and body low. Are you imagining it? haha, I am...and it was pretty funny.

Anyway, as I approached the bus I slowed down and acted like I knew exactly what I was doing, boarded and took a seat. I knew that there would be a few more stops downtown and then it was homeward bound. It was a nice little ride back west to Eden Prairie, however it seemed like everybody had a long day- it was so quiet and no one was talking opposed to the morning's ride.

Overall, my experience on the bus was a 7 out of 10. I would say that it was definitely clean, quiet, and efficient. The commute time was similar. By the time I drove from my house to the park n ride, parked, walked to the bus stop, took the ride in and walked to the office, it was about 45 minutes in all. It's nice that I have the option, and will definitely ride the bus again when the weather is bad or I hear the traffic is horrendous. I'm glad I got the experience, that's for sure!

No comments: