Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Busy, But Loved

From the beginning of this year and at our new year's eve dinner, Ryan and I have both been telling each other that we just need to get through the middle of February with work. Usually when one of us is busy at work, the other isn't...but January and early February are a different story. We're both busy busy.

Ryan traveled to D.C. and to Omaha already at the beginning of January. Just this last week we both worked through the weekend, and then I took off to Chicago for a business trip on Sunday, and returned Monday. We thankfully had Tuesday together, before he left for Indianapolis Wednesday through Friday. We haven't had much time together, so we're looking forward to the upcoming weekends.

After my business trip, I was home with pink eye for a day trying not to spread it to my entire office and Lola kept me company while I took refuge in our bed.

At first she was polite and pushed her paw up to my level and looked to her left


After not responding to her, she moved her head to the right and eyed me with those big brown eyes.


After finally paying attention to her she looked at me as if to say "Mom, I'm glad you're home...


...now, please pet me."

No comments: