Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pink Eye

Its the worst.

I have never had pink eye before this lovely occasion. I remember my brother, Jared having pink eye when he was younger, I think about 6 or 7. That memory sticks in my mind, because he woke up one morning and was screaming and crying. His left eye had crusted shut and he was so scared.

My parents took him to the doctor and he got some eye drops prescribed. And I'm sure as any parent knows, little kids don't like taking medicine especially medicine that goes in their eye.

I'm not quite sure where I got pink eye, but I hear that its highly contagious, so once a kid touches his eye and then the shopping cart at Target or the hand rail in the elevator, and you're the next one to touch it-- you're the lucky winner of a brand new, swollen, irritated pink eye. What does she win Ron?

Last Friday I noticed that my lymph nodes were quite swollen and my eye had started to swell. I figured it was just some allergic reaction to some new makeup I had purchased. I called my mom quick to hear about Jared's symptoms when he was younger and I called my mother-in-law (who is a nurse) to see if she thought I had pink eye too.

When I woke up the next morning with a crusty, swollen and itchy eye- I knew it had to be pink eye. yuck. Thankfully, after a quick trip to the quick care center and some eye drops later, things are getting better. Thanks to this little guy...


...oh Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic Solution how I love thee.

No comments: