Friday, February 24, 2012

Master Frame Project

I knew that our master bedroom was in need of a little love when after we painted, I looked around and noticed that we had 1 thing hanging on our wall. Just 1 measly little thing, and we have lived in this house for a year now. (A year yesterday to be exact).

So, while Ryan was away on a business trip I decided it was time to go to work. I have been seeing lots of cute shelf/frame/art things on pinterest and the blogs that I follow, but I couldn't find anything just right. I didn't want a shelf that stuck out far, because I didn't want it to be obtrusive, and I didn't want short little shelves either. Enter Ikea. I had been browsing on their site the other day when I came across these photo ledges. They were PERFECT!!! So, I headed over and purchased 2 of the 45 1/4" ledges in white.

But you can't leave Ikea without browsing, right? And that's where I found some great 8x10 and 4x5 white frames. We had the mirror, blue birds, candles and statue, so the rest was ready to go!



Of course I have added pictures to the frames as of now, but here's the photo right after I cleared the power tools off the dresser. oh- and you can see a true image of the gray/blue we painted our master bedroom. Its so soothing in there now compared to the stark white. WE love it!

No comments: