Monday, February 6, 2012

Curiosity Killed the Cat...

I'm sure you've heard the term Curiosity Killed the Cat. But have you heard the term Curiosity makes silly dogs get into precarious positions? No? Oh well, then I just made it up.

Since Lola is now such a big girl at 1 year old, Ryan and I decided to take out the small barriers (cork board and picture) that were keeping her from going behind the couch in our family room. See when Lola was a puppy she liked to find the smallest places and just lay down inconspicuously, and sometimes we couldn't find her! But since there are cords behind the couch we didn't want to risk her biting the cords and getting electrocuted, but she's far too large, weighing in at 58 lbs nowadays, to get back there.

Or so we thought. As we were watching TV one night we noticed Lola wasn't lying in her normal spot. And after looking to the left we noticed she had shimmied her way back behind the side table to check out what was behind the couch.

I have no idea how she got back there. But getting out was quite the process. Let's just say that the lamp barely survived and the glass of water was no more.

The very next day I took Lola with me to PetSmart to get her some more food. As we were walking down the aisle, she abruptly stopped and stared at these birds. She could've been there for hours if I'd let her. She is one curious pup.

No comments: