Thursday, January 27, 2011

Twiddling



We are hoping for good news today. Good news about our house and a potential house. I won't go into details, as those are long and tedious. But I believe my anxiety level is quite low for what could potentially happen today, and I credit that to a song I heard this morning.

Before we were married, I burned a CD of all of our wedding songs. This CD also had enough room to put a few more tunes on it, so I burned John Mayer's Battle Studies album first. And then I added Canon in D, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, etc. etc. After adding all of those, I still had room, so I put some random tunes on it that I thought would be nice to hear driving to and fro.

Disclaimer: I'm a dweeb. And on my drive to work this morning I listened to all of our wedding music (yeah i know- dweeb) and then this song came on at the end of the CD- Steven Curtis Chapman's "Miracle of the Moment." I'm not sure if I was that in tune with the lyrics this morning or my Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frapuccino had already pulsed through my veins, but I was feeling it. My favorite lyrics of the song have to be "'Cause we are who and where and what we are for now, and this is the only moment we can do anything about." (full lyrics below)

But that verse just got me. This is the moment. Life is really made up of decisions and turning points, milestones and adventures. And whatever happens today will shape what decisions we will make tomorrow. So remember to live in the moment, because "There's only One who knows what's really out there waiting in all the moments yet to be. And all we need to know, is He's out there waiting, to Him the future's history."


Lyrics:
"It's time for letting go, all of our if only's 'Cause we don't have a time machine. And even if we did, would we really want to use it? Would we really want to go change everything? 'Cause we are who and where and what we are for now, and this is the only moment we can do anything about. So breathe it in and breathe it out, and listen to your heartbeat. There's a wonder in the here and now, it's right there in front of you. I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment.

There's only One who knows what's really out there waiting, in all the moments yet to be. And all we need to know is He's out there waiting to Him the future's history. And He has given us a treasure called right now, and this is the only moment we can do anything about. So breathe it in and breathe it out, and listen to your heartbeat. There's a wonder in the here and now, it's right there in front of you. I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment.

And if it brings you tears, then taste them as they fall and let them soften your heart. And if it brings you laughter, then throw your head back and let it go, let it go, yeah you gotta let it go. And listen to your heartbeat. Breathe it in and breathe it out and listen to your heartbeat. There's a wonder in the here and now, it's right there in front of you, I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment."

No comments: