Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Key Lime Pie and Beer Bread



Why these 2 things may not go together, I made them both last week!

Key Lime pie is one of Ryan's favorites- so I thought I'd surprise him one night and make his favorite dessert. The first time I tried to make key lime pie, I didn't exactly read the directions correctly. I tried finding my picture of it, because you have to see it to believe it- but I'm sure I can describe it for you as well. When the recipe calls for egg WHITES, don't throw the whole egg in. This makes for a wonderful cold scrambled egg lime nasty pie. So-don't do it.

This time, I was smart enough to just put the egg WHITES in the recipe, and I even made some whipped cream instead of using store bought. If you want the recipe let me know! I forgot to tell you that this pie is meant to be frozen, so if you're looking for a quick dessert for guests, this would be perfect!

Also on the baking agenda was a beer bread. I found the recipe in a newspaper a few weeks ago and it looked like something I could handle, and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand anyway!

Here are the pictures of my masterpieces...haha, maybe masterpieces is a stretch?




No comments: