Saturday, December 31, 2011

Being Resourceful

I send a lot of things through the mail- if the USPS took an audit of how much I spent on sending gifts, cards and bills, I would probably be one of their best customers.

So when I was getting ready to send a box of stuff recently, I realized I didn't have exactly the box size I needed. Ideally a smaller box would've made more sense for what I was sending, but I didn't really have the luxury of heading out to the store to get what I needed. So I improvised.

We receive probably 2-3 junk flyers in the mail every week, and after I read those I usually toss them aside into the recycling. So I grabbed those flyers and decided to create a cushion of sorts. I accordianned the pages and then cut each strip into 1 inch sections. After pulling each of the pieces apart I had some great crinkle paper to use as a filler! It took me less than 5 minutes to do this and was absolutely FREE! I will definitely be doing this from now on.


No comments: