Saturday, December 31, 2011

Long Time Friends


My friend Rachel and I have been friends since we were little. We met in dance class at Barb's School of Dance in Columbus, NE, with boogie woogie bugle boy being our first tap dance together. And now almost 15 years later, we remain good friends.

Rachel and I continued in dance classes together, we were cheerleaders in high school and members of our band's colorguard. Our boyfriends were on the football team, and we attended baseball games together as well. We danced/ran in the rain, shared secrets, and have been through heartache, failure, death, happiness, weddings, and distance together. Rachel is such a great friend and my best. She knows me well and we can always pick up where we left off last.

Rachel came to the Twin Cities for work one weekend, and we were able to go have dinner and drinks together to catch up. It was amazing to see her and we clicked again like we always have.

Rachel also just moved to Chicago to start a new job and a new life in the Windy City. Congratulations Rachel, I am so excited for what your future has in store!

Cheers to good friends!

No comments: