Saturday, December 31, 2011

Homemade Dog Biscuits

This fall, I decided to be a little more domestic and tried my hand at making dog biscuits one month instead of buying them for Lola. With my new found love...err...addiction of pinterest, I found a great recipe.

http://www.pinkpistachio.com/biscuits-for-boyfriend/

This site has some super cute ideas, so check it out if you have some free time!
I followed the recipe pretty closely.

First, I combined all of the dry ingredients, flour, oats, coconut, baking powder.


Then I added the wet ingredients, peanut butter, milk, olive oil, applesauce.


After mixing, I kneaded the dough into a ball and Lola helped me roll it out on some wax paper.


And since I didn't have a bone cookie cutter at the time, I used a heart one instead. That way they were the perfect treat size.


I even penned Lola's name into one and her friend, Cooper's.


Baked at 350 for 20 minutes and they came out nice and golden brown


Lola went crazy for these and thankfully she was able to share them with her doggy friends as well.

No comments: